Technology Migration and Porting
Whether driven by the need for technology adoption, or changing business needs, all software product modernization efforts demand rich business and technical intelligence. Each system requires migration and porting at one time or the other. How often and when we migrate may depend on several factors. There could be several levels of migration, like port legacy platform into newer platforms like .Net, Java or PHP; or just a simple version update. Whatever the requirements, the migration needs to be smooth and bug free. Prodigy follows a step by step strategy to ensure the smooth migration of a system.
WHY MIGRATION & PORTING SERVICES?
- Transitioning from inflexible, expensive software products toward dynamic, cost-effective, and business-centered systems that use emerging and proven technologies
- Product portfolios change constantly to respond to new business requirements of the customers
- Modernize the application portfolio to realign with ISV’s business goals Standardization and efforts to simplify product-line management
Migration strategy of Prodigy
- Assessment and Planning: Here we identify the system and risks in migration and plan accordingly.
- Reverse Engineering: Identifying application architecture and key features.
- Detailed Design: develop new detailed design.
- Migration on test server: Migrating application to target platform on test server.
- Regression testing and beta deployment.
- Go live
HOW CAN PRODIGY SOLUTIONS HELP
Prodigy can help you address your migration and porting requirements to:
- Increase technology adoption by migration to popular and/or cost-effective platforms, including mobile platforms
- Improve ability to keep pace with emerging technologies
- Reduced overall cost of product modernization
- Develop ‘proof-of-concept’ and proto-type products for market/technology validation, and piloting
Solutions we offer
- Loyalty Programs
- eCommerce Solutions
- Online delivery
- Survey tools
- Supply Management Systems